Dermal Fillers - Pre & Post Care
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples – tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection. Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort.
- Do not massage treated areas after treatment.
- After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
- You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.